Saturday 22 November 2014

What does SMART mean?



Activity– To explain the students, each letter in the word- SMART.
 
Write 1- 5 stated below on the board or on a chart paper which can be displayed on a soft board. You can also refer the picture.
   
1.     S –stands for Specific
      You should have a detailed clarity on what you want to happen.

Not Specific: I want to achieve good scores
Specific: I want to achieve 90 percentages in Final Assessment examination in the month of April 2015.

2.     M –stands for Measurable
You should be able to track your goal.
Not Measurable: I want to be the highest scorer in the next cricket match
Measurable: I want to make at least 75 runs in the cricket match which is on Sunday, November 23, 2014

3.     A –stands for Achievable
To achieve this goal, what specific actions you must take.

 Incorrect Action: To achieve 90 percentages in Final Assessment examination in the month of April 2015, I must study. 
Correct Action: To achieve 90 percentages in Final Assessment examination in the month of April 2015, I must devote 20 minutes every day to study for Math, Science, English and Computers.

4.     R –stands for Realistic
Is the goal achievable i.e. doable? 

Unrealistic: I want to be the highest scorer in the next cricket match. 
Realistic: I want to make at least 75 runs in the cricket match which I will play on Sunday, November 23, 2014.

5.     T –stands for Time bound
Create a timeframe for your goal.
No time: I want to learn to create a robot.
Time: I want to create a robot by December 31, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment